El's Cards | Brand Story
Before we made the very difficult (and extremely correct!) decision to only work with photographers, we had a lot of fun working with other small creative businesses. One of our very early clients, El's Cards, almost made us change our mind and work with makers! Very fun project.
El's Cards is run by husband and wife team Ellen & Bob Braley out of Greenland NH. El is a watercolor stationer with a specialty in nature inspired, whimsical Wedding Invite Suites. She also has a full range of Special Occasion cards and custom gift ideas.
They approached me in the Spring of 2015 to re-brand El's Cards and create a brand experience at all touch points. They also wanted to begin a new wholesale arm of their business. We did lots of research into their area of expertise and in the end came up with a plan of attack that included:
- Positioning toward newly engaged couples
- Robust E-Commerce Website with Custom Weddings App & 12 months technical expertise
- Wholesale Mirror site & login
- Seasonally based Website Headers & Email Blasts
- A Special "Weddings Only" signature area of their site, complete with a beautiful styled shoot that we partnered with Minka Fine Flowers
- On location marketing photo shoot of Bob & El
- Robust Marketing plan for the re-launch
We ended up working with them over 12 months - El & Bob worked so hard! They re-photographed their entire line of products for the launch - no small feat. They already had all the ingredients needed for their amazing business, they just needed some outside expert help to pull it all together into one cohesive brand experience for their ideal clients.